Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The Marker of Confusion...

Sorry, that is not our child, even though I am bit angered that you thought our child would be that awkward looking.

Our daughter is due today and like 90% of all people who get pregnant, the baby has not come on the due day. I am realizing an element of my pettiness and desire to control everything as I have this desire to just have the doctor induce Erica because it would fit better in our lives and then I could finally meet this girl. We have walked probably 15 miles in the last couple days (mostly in malls which is the most depressing experience ever, but on the upside I do know more about fashion, and particularly Madras shorts, than a few days ago, they are VERY in right now) in hopes of helping the baby along out of the cervix. So, no such luck. I have been praying that God would bring the baby soon and also praying that God's will would be done and not mine, but I have this sneaking suspicion that God knows I would prefer my will to be done. It is truly a struggle to desire one thing and hope for the will of God while also hoping that His will is the same as mine.

One final note, which relates to the title of this post, is how oblivious people are if they have not gone through a pregnancy close to others. We were at the eye doctor's office today and the woman asked when Erica was due and she said "today" so the doctor naturally freaked out and pretty much asked us to leave because she didn't want to be in charge of dialing 911 if Erica went into labor. Hmm... Also, I told our realtor today that the baby was due and he asked why we weren't at the hospital and I gently explained that you don't go unless the baby actually arrives.

Well, pray that the baby comes soon and if God tells you His will is something different please tell me even if I get mildly irritated.

3 comments:

Aaron said...

Dude, Seeing that pic - I confess that I was one of the people who thought that that was your akward looking daughter. I all of a sudden got all excited, until I read your blog and found out its not. You cant play with our emotions like that...

Denny Morrow said...

Hey - maybe my guess for the delivery date was THIS Thursday. I might win after all.

Ryan 1 said...

Are madras shorts the same a bermuda shorts? Because those are the hot rats. I'm hoping they set a precedent for making less revealing clothing the in-thing for when our daughters are in High School. We need to figure out a way to make one-size-too-big sweatsuits extremely fashionable. This would serve the dual purpose of concealing our daughters AND make us extremely hip in our comfort. Maybe I'll go to fashion school once I graduate.