Monday, March 5, 2007

Rocks (or trees) Cry Out!

So, this is a picture of one of my friends from Minneapolis, and sometimes Denver. Scott leads a group people to Nepal a couple times a year (he has been 19 times thus far) for leadership training, ministry, and hiking. They spend a lot of time with village people, sharing cokes, and loving on those in a leper colony. His ministry is one of those that when I hear about it this time at seminary seems like a miniscule learning opportunity. I am grateful for people whose lives spur me on to dream about the Kingdom of God in places I wouldn't even be able to imagine it exists. Scott, if you ever read this, thank you. The following is a blog excerpt I found of Scott's that is gorgeous.

"Jan. 16th Coming down from Annapurna Base Camp

i saw a tree today. That might sound odd to hear, but it is a rare sight at 13,500 ft. It caught my attention because after scowering the rugged cliffs and the mountain slopes all around me, i could not find its match. There were none but this one! It was growing BIG and strong right out of a cleft in the rock. My initial reaction to seeing this tree is that it looked lonely there all by itself. To be the only one and to be so different from anything else around...lonely. Then i thought, thats how i feel sometimes. Then i wondered if the tree ever got so caught up in the fact that it seemed so unique or if it ever got frustrated that everything around it was so different that it missed the fact that there was so much amazing beauty all around it? That if this tree took the time to just look around it would realize that God placed it right in the middle of one of the most beautiful places on earth. Then as i continued to take in this beauty and the thought of this tree, i wondered what the tree would think, knowing that today it's very exsistence led me in worship of our Creator and our King?! That this tree was God's centerpeice in the beauty i witnessed as i sat on that rock...that this tree is a beautiful creation that crys out in praise of it's Creator. We are that tree! i am that tree. God, may i never get so caught up in myself or my circumstances that i forget that i too am your beautiful creation, that i was created to praise you and that my mere existence is, in and of itself, a reflection of Your beauty and Grace!"

1 comment:

Adam Fix said...

Ah...so the laddy fancies himself a blogger. I can't wait to read what will be written on this site! Now if we could only work on that Arminian thing.

Adam