Sunday, February 25, 2007

Good Reality Check



Comps were yesterday and I am having a hard time getting them out of my mind as I incessantly worry about whether I was either correct in my response or totally misrepresented the opinion of the person in the article who also happens to be the one grading the response. Well, I could go on for a while on that topic as might be noted by the fact that I am writing this early Sunday morning because sleeping has been a bit questionable.

You want to know a good way to be humbled? I know you do so don't even pretend to stop reading. The picture of the baby above is that of a child born after only 22 weeks (for those guys that aren't really sure if that is full term or what, this is about half way to full term) and she seems to be pretty dang healthy from what I have been reading. It is amazing seeing all the intricacies in that child knowing mine is about 6 weeks further along. God is so good. It's pretty healthy to get my mind off me, wouldn't you agree?

4 comments:

Mrs. Carn-Dog said...

Morrow,

we are about 3 weeks away. Friday night we went to our friends who just had their little girl about three weeks ago. I was doing good until she had her first good cry in my presence and hit that note that my ears just hate and it dawned on me..."what the hell did I get myself into;). I'm hoping I have that life changing moment that people talk about when they see their kid for the first time. Either way, as it turns out I will need a good deal of grace in learning this adventure they call fatherhood.

Hey isn't this baby like the first baby to ever survive being born this early or something? I saw something on this on the morning show on Friday.

Mrs. Carn-Dog said...

Morrow,

I just read some of your other stuff including the comps ranting post. Articulated very well. I know we talked about this before, but have you thought about Ph.D. I think you have all the right tools and more importantly and uniquely, better reasons for doing a Ph.D. than most. What I mean is I appreciate the heart that I perceive in your questions.

P.S. I heard Gretch is engaged. congratulations via you.

Ryan 1 said...

It is good to get perspective, but comps are also a bear. And as we know from Steven Colbert, Bears are angry, vicious killing machines from hell. So congrats on comps. Hoozah.

Ryan 1 said...

David can't figure out his password for blogging. That is why there is no action at all. Just so you know.